Here's my top 5 hair foods:
- Food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like Salmon and Tuna which also provide a good source of vitamin B-12 and iron. For Vegetarians ground flaxseed is a good alternative.
- Vitamin A and C which you'll find in dark green veg like spinach and broccoli.
- Zinc and biotin found in beans and lentils (to make sure my family get their regular intake of lentils, I sneak them in to stews and curries, even shepherds pie - my two fussy kids have no idea)
- Selenium which is a really important mineral for a healthy scalp, is found in brazil nuts, pecans and cashews. I find a daily snack (handful) of nuts is great way of remembering this important food.
- Low fat dairy products. I don't mean diet rubbish full of modified maize starch, I mean skimmed milk and low fat organic yogurt. These are great sources of calcium which is essential for hair growth. They also contain whey and casein which are two high quality sources of protein.
Right now the most fashionable hair trend is braiding. Not so much the tight 'Jordan in the Jungle' type but the soft, loose ethereal braiding of a magical wood nymph. OK that might sounds hard to carry off but do not fear, it's not just for the young, there are many ways to wear such a look and it can actually be very flattering and pretty.
Click on these links to see some really fantastic braided hairstyle creations. Be inspired!